To align it with the name of its parent company, Bacnotan Consolidated Industries Inc. was renamed PHINMA Corporation (PHN).
• PHINMA Corporation acquired an 85% interest in Fuld & Company, Inc., a business research and consulting firm focusing on business and competitive intelligence. PHN also acquired a 100% interest in Business Back Office, Inc. - Global Business Research Support (BBI), a Philippine knowledge process outsourcing firm.
• PHINMA Properties developed its flagship project - Asia Enclaves Alabang located along West Service Road, Muntinlupa that caters to the upper mid-income earners.
• PHINMA Properties launched affordable mid-rise condominiums in Muntinlupa, Pasig City, and Quezon City.
• PHINMA Cagayan de Oro College opened its second campus in Barangay Puerto, Cagayan de Oro.
PHINMA Properties launched its first mid-rise condominium development in Davao City that caters to middle-income earners in Mindanao.
• PHINMA Properties has also been active in constructing Socialized Housing projects. The projects are framed by an inclusive Business Model and intended for Informal Settler Families community in Brgy. Kaligayahan, Quezon City and Bacoor, Cavite City. The success of these projects made it possible for the company to be inducted in the United Nations Business Call to Action Forum in New York in September.
• PHINMA Araullo University opened its South Campus to cater to students in the southern part of Nueva Ecija.
• PHINMA Southwestern University was acquired and its affiliate, Sacred Heart Hospital, became Southwestern University Medical Center (SWU Med).
• PHINMA University of Pangasinan opened its campus to students in Urdaneta City and other eastern towns.
• PHINMA Education Holdings, Inc. (PEHI) was officially established. It now holds all all PHINMA Education institutions.
• Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corporation was renamed PHINMA Energy Corporation (PHEN).
• PHINMA Education opened PHINMA Training Center (PTC) in Yangon in partnership with Victoria Hospital, one of Myanmar’s leading private hospitals.
• Fuld and Company (Philippines), Inc. changed its corporate name to Integrative Competitive Intelligence Asia, Inc. (ICI Asia), and in the process, changed its direction to be more responsive to the needs of various clients that now include government, donor agencies, corporate and non-profit organizations.
• Through PHINMA Education Holdings Inc., PHINMA acquired a 95.58% controlling ownership stake of St. Jude College Manila (SJCM) making it the sixth school in its education network.
• PHINMA Education Holdings, Inc. acquires Republican College which is located in Cubao, Quezon City.
• PHINMA Education partnered with Yayasan Triputra Persada Horizon Education to manage a network of schools in Indonesia through the subsidiary, PT Ind Phil Management (IPM).
• PHINMA and AC Energy inked a mutually strategic agreement for AC Energy to acquire PHINMA’s combined 51.48% stake in PHINMA Energy Corporation, allowing PHINMA to focus on our rapidly expanding investments and operations in the education and construction materials sectors.
• PHINMA’s vehicle to return to the cement industry, Philcement Corporation (Philcement), posted significant revenues expected to accelerate further with the upcoming commissioning of its cement processing terminal as well as the takeover of pier facilities and land in Mariveles, Bataan.